This early December warm up has lasted long enough to melt all of the snow off the greens for us.
The worst thing for our greens is an early winter a warm up that only partially melts the snow and leaves freestanding water on the surface which freezes solid. Ice on the turf surface for extended periods (greater than 60 days) is our leading form of winter kill at MGC.
I made round four of snow fence repairs today. This time only #4 Heritage had to be fixed and after the extreme high winds yesterday, I would say the other areas are good to go.
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (92)
- Ski tra...
- I repainted the parking lines in both shops t...
- I took my assistant Andy and our Greywalls mecha...
- The staining/sealing/painting and refurbishing o...
- I completed soil sampling on both golf course...
- Many of you do not get to see our incredible w...
- USGA states it well
- This early December warm up has lasted long enough...
- ▼ December (9)
- ► 2011 (71)