Great Clouds behind number 6 Green Greywalls
Friday, June 28, 2013
Celebrity Classic went well, a few less thunderstorms would have been nice but all in all everyone still had a good time at MGC!!
Lots of clean-up and repairs were made this morning. The soft conditions from the rain created a mess on the driving range. We will have to shut down the range one day next week to make the repairs.
Friday, June 21, 2013
What a Wednesday this week
We lost the function of a main irrigation pump on Greywalls, had a Greensmower go down with a failure and had our main rough mowing unit break down.
To top the cake someone decided to damage 13 Heritage green with an iron and another individual thought it would be a good idea to smash an irrigation head on #5 Greywalls with a rock.
Nothing I wanted to get done - got done that day
Divot 13 green Heritage
Repaired divot 13 green Heritage
Rock next to the head after we valved down the system and drained the line to replace the head.
You can clearly see the intent of this enraged golfer. Why? I don't know
Topdressing maintenance closure days are perfect morning to complete these jobs efficiently.
We took the time to add a water line to the shop at the Greywalls course last week during an outing afternoon. We will use this to supply water to a dedicated mix/load pad and a wash off area after backlapping reels in the shop.
Hand digging over the well fill line
Trenching with the old ditch-witch (she's still alive)
Mike B. laying some serious pipe
The crew back-filling the trench
Two thumbs-up from Mike B. and Matt
Great post work
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
It is turf grooming season and our Greens Topdressing schedule has religiously began.
We are on a 3 week rotation - Greywalls one week, Heritage the next week then off a week.
Please remember the day we topdress we are closed until noon on Heritage and 1 on Greywalls so we can complete the process properly. We also take advantage of this time and complete other course maintenance needs like extra watering, aerification, fertilizing etc.
It usually takes us the entire day to complete these duties, when play does begin on the Heritage at noon and Greywalls at 1 we are still busy working on the back nine. It is important that no one starts on the back nine those days because many times the surfaces are not even playable yet.
If we finish early we call the proshop to let them know we are finished and people can begin to tee it early.
Vertical mowing of the greens
Blowing off the debris
Early morning drag
Dragging in topdressing sand on number 4 green Greywalls
The groom crew has also been out in full force eliminating excessive growth in some popular yet undesirable golfing areas. It is 'The Crews' way of speeding up play and eliminating some frustration.
Speaking of frustration.....
Lets try to avoid placing blame on the turf. No divots out of our putting surfaces please!
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (42)
- ► 2014 (91)
- Great Clouds behind number 6 Green Greywalls
- Celebrity Classic went well, a few less thundersto...
- The Heritage is looking Wonderful !!!!and so is my...
- What a Wednesday this weekWe lost the function of ...
- Our First Womens Event was last week and we unveil...
- What a Golf Course!! Everyone should feel proud o...
- The seasonal grooming has began. Lots of afternoo...
- Mike B. got down and dirty with the invasive sapli...
- This little Fawn was laying on #17 Heritage about ...
- We took the time to add a water line to the shop a...
- Fire sky above Greywalls in the early morning
- It is turf grooming season and our Greens Topdress...
- We rented a stump grinder last week and took care ...
- The GW staff has been hitting the sapling removal ...
- One of our new all-stars Kevin moonlighting as a b...
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2012 (140)
- ► 2011 (71)