Thursday, March 27, 2014
Once again the frost has heaved up the ground in front of the rear mechanics bay door at the Heritage shop. When we are in that shop working with the heat on the snow begins to melt off the roof and run right into the shop to create a skating rink at night. I went and picked up some sand bags to dam the door off and hold back the water. When we get a melt down (I hope soon) a lot more water will be heading for the shop because it can't go down with these frost levels!
I think it is time to stop dealing with this problem and install a drain this summer in front of the door.
Monday, March 24, 2014
Friday, March 21, 2014
We also took the time to make new yardage blocks for every tee on The Heritage course and replacements for the Greyalls course. We made these out of out of composite decking in hopes of them last a very long time; when compared to the current wood ones that were on every Greywalls tee.
I am also redoing all of the hole signs on the Greywalls course. The current signs are the original signs and with a few changed yardages plus lots of splitting they are ready to be replaced. The new ones will be a little more attractive but still keep the custom rustic look we want for the course.
One more cold week then it looks like the temps will moderate out and guide us into spring!
- ► 2016 (17)
- ► 2015 (42)
- Yup, its still snowing! Yikes
- Once again the frost has heaved up the ground in f...
- Andy pealed off the flaking paint and repainted t...
- The new hole signs are coming along. I should be ...
- The new bar is complete in the Clubhouse and it is...
- Our new embroidered Logo flags are in and I can no...
- One day of melt a few weeks ago flooded the Herita...
- Andy and I have a lot going on in the shop right ...
- ▼ March (8)
- ► 2013 (92)
- ► 2012 (140)
- ► 2011 (71)